What: Twitter rally for Philly paid sick days
When: 1– 2 pm ET
Where: Tweet from anywhere
Who: We’re targeting the #PhillyCouncil as a whole and particularly Councilmembers Mark Squilla (@cmmarksquilla), Jim Kenney (@JimFKenney) and Dennis O’Brien (@CouncilOBrien). Urge them to vote YES on the override.
Sample tweets (feel free to use these or draft your own personalized ones):
UPDATED 4/10/13 - Find more sample tweets here! Find Twitter handles for all Councilmembers here!
- .@cmmarksquilla 77% of #Philly voters want #PhillyCouncil to override Mayor’s #paidsickdays veto. Do you stand with us? Vote YES on Thurs.
- .@JimFKenney, #Philly voters want #paidsickdays and polling shows they won’t support candidates who deny them. Vote YES on Thurs.
- On Thurs, #PhillyCouncil can stand with workers & families, or with corporate interests. What will you do, @CouncilOBrien? #paidsickdays
- Think #Philly workers deserve to earn #paidsickdays? Call #PhillyCouncil TODAY, tell them to override veto: fb.me/1CInCKC77
- #PhillyCouncil, sick #kids and working parents are depending on you. Please vote to override Mayor’s #paidsickdays veto. #Philly #p2
- I don’t want to get sick because my server couldn’t afford to stay home. #PhillyCouncil please vote for #paidsickdays. #Philly
- 77% of Philly voters want #phillycouncil to override the #paidsickdays veto. Will you stand with voters, @cmmarksquilla?
- 90% of Philly voters support a #paidsickdays law. Will you stand with them, @CouncilOBrien?
- A plurality of voters say they are less likely to vote for a #phillycouncil member who refuses to overturn the mayor's #paidsickdays veto.