The employers described below are considered "covered employers":
- The City of Philadelphia, including all its agencies, departments and offices.
- For-profit Service Contractors, which receive or are subcontractors on contract(s) for $10,000 or more from the City in a twelve-month period, with annual gross receipts of more than $1,000,000.
- Non-profit Service Contractors which receive or are subcontractors on contract(s) from the City of more than $100,000 in a twelve-month period.
- Recipients of City leases, concessions, or franchises, or subcontractors thereof, which employ more than twenty-five (25) employees.
- City financial aid recipients. Compliance shall be required for a period of five (5) years following receipt of aid.
- Public agencies which receive contract(s) for $10,000 or more from the City in a twelve-month period.
The Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces would like to thank Councilman Goode, who was the main sponsor of the bill, as well as to the other 8 cosponsors and the members who voted for this bill on October 13.