Help us bring some parent power to Harrisburg on Tuesday May 22! Whether you’re a parent or ever had one, it’s time to speak out! In celebration of Mother’s Day, we're calling on PA legislators to LIFT UP Pennsylvania parents and families!
Join us to:
- shine a light on the importance of paid leave, equal pay, minimum wage, and supporting pregnant and breastfeeding parents in the workplace. and
- bring forward challenges in our immigration and justice systems that have dire impacts on parents and families, and most especially on communities of color, including gun safety, the school-to-prison pipeline and maternal justice.
Are you a parent or caregiver, ever had a parent, or just like parents? Then bring yourself, your friends, and / or your group to join the action. Here's the plan for the day:
- 11am on the capitol steps: We're reading messages from parents across the commonwealth, and flying kites!
- 12pm: Rally and Press Conference in the main rotunda
- 1pm: Dropping off materials and messages (on kites!) to legislator offices.
This is a great and impactful way to make your voice heard. Everyone is welcome, whether you're a new advocate or old pro. Bring your kids, grandparents, neighbor or coworkers. We'll have lunch and shirts (but you need to RSVP to be guaranteed either) RSVP here -https://action.momsrising.org/survey/PA_May22/
See you there!!